Pasadena Weekly named Shaboo Prints “Best Stationery” company in their annual Best of Pasadena feature
LOS ANGELES, CA, November 05, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — For the first time in a decade, a big box store didn’t win area publication Pasadena Weekly’s “Best Stationery” award. This year, the honor was bestowed upon local businessowner Veronica Vargas and her company, Shaboo Prints. The award is determined by votes cast by verified Pasadena Weekly readers.
“We actually edged out a big box store!” says Veronica. “This is such an exciting moment for us. Make room for the small but mighty Shaboo Prints!”
Veronica — or Imagineer Veronica as she calls herself in the “World of Shaboo” — named her company after a game she used to play with her godson. “We would play and frolic and I would yell, ‘Roo Shaboo Shaboo!’ That has always stuck with me, and Shaboo became the perfect name for the company I was creating. Shaboo represents a time in our lives when the world was big and the potential was huge and anything could happen. I try to remind folks of that world — of their ability to connect, express, and play.”
Shaboo is an innovative social expression company that features a variety of ever-evolving goods and services, social media, and digital entertainment, including:
• Greeting Cards: Physical cards that are leading the industry in the use of interactive augmented reality bonus experiences, thanks to a recent partnership with software company iGreet.
• Coloring Books: Made for painting or watercolors and including uplifting inspirational quotes — “Shabooisms” — to contemplate while you color.
• Light the Magic Lamps: Decorative tabletop lamps that “come alive” using innovative augmented reality technology. Download the free SHABOO! app to use your smartphone as a “wand” to enter the colorful World of Shaboo and reveal positive stories or uplifting messages for yourself or others.
• Cheerytoot Slide Whistle: A mood boosting tool for positivity, embellished with an elevating “Shabooism.”
• Power of You Video Coaching: Helping individuals and small business owners develop a digital video presence online; beginner course and advanced course available.
To learn more, visit www.ShabooPrints.com.
About: Imagineer Veronica — aka Veronica Vargas — was a creative and whimsical child, but after decades of conformity she found herself struggling with dissatisfaction and a deep longing for fulfillment. In her forties, she returned to her childhood passions — drawing, writing, and playing — and established Shaboo Prints, a boutique lifestyle brand designing positive, feel-good products. Today, Veronica considers herself a social expressionist and entrepreneur on a mission to return millions of adults back to a wondrous world full of potential, play, and a knowing that expressing their real self is the whole point — i.e., finding their happy place!
An expert on play, imagination, and creativity, Veronica partnered with software company iGreet in 2019 to expand the experience of Shaboo’s physical products with augmented reality.
Veronica received her bachelor’s degree from California State University – Fullerton and her master’s degree from Woodbury University. A breast cancer survivor, she loves reading, people-watching, being with family, traveling, connecting with friends, health, cooking and baking, creative writing, and doodling. Leading by example, Veronica is living a fulfilled life and sharing her mission-driven business in hopes of inspiring others to tap into their own happy place where they are free to live big and play hard. She resides in Pasadena, CA. Visit www.ShabooPrints.com.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here